Metadata in the Real World:
The Payback on Your Investment
Thursday, 4 June 2015
09:30 – 17:00
Morning Session (9:30 – 12:30)
The morning session will discuss the business value of applying metadata to photos.
- Efficient application of metadata
- New value by new IPTC Photo Metadata properties
presented by Michael Steidl, IPTC, and Sarah Saunders, CEPIC
- Automated tagging
- Status of technology, presented by Andrea de Polo
- How to apply rights metadata properly
- The value of using identifiers:view from photo business, by Alfonso Gutiérrez, CEO of age fotostock and CEPIC President
- Discussion by all Conference participants
Lunch Break (12:30 – 14:00)
Afternoon Sessions (14:00)
- 14:00 – 15:00 Video metadata revisited: IPTC presents a draft for generic use
Michael Steidl, IPTC Video Metadata Working Group
Video metadata was the major topic of the Metadata Conference in 2014. As a result from the discussions in Berlin IPTC launched an initative to create a common set of metadata fields for video. Now, one year later, IPTC has developed a first public draft of video metadata with a focus on describing content, involved persons and rights. This draft will be introduced to all having to manage moving images.
- 15:30 – 16:30 JPEG Standards: are we prepared for the next disruptive evolution in digital imaging markets?
Prof. Dr. Peter Schelkens, spokesperson of the international JPEG standardization committee
and Andrea de Polo, Consultant.
This talk will provide an overview of existing JPEG standards, but also focus on new initiatives such as JPEG XT, providing support for HDR, lossless and alpha channel coding and JPEG PLENO, which is targeting a standard framework for the representation and exchange of new imaging modalities such as light-field, point-cloud and holographic imaging.
The Metadata Conference will be held in conjunction with the CEPIC Congress 2015.
All interested parties are welcome to participate:
free-lance photographers, small and large picture agencies and libraries, and trade associations from the photo business.
Attending the conference requires registration:
- All participants of the CEPIC Congress should tick this optional programme item in their registration for the Congress.
- All persons not participating the Congress: please use the regististration form, conference fee = 100 EUR + VAT (120 EUR)
The IPTC Photo Metadata Conference is held since 2007 – find out what was presented and discussed at previous meetings.