Autumn Meeting 2018
15 – 17 October, Toronto, Canada
Members: booking is now open!
This information last updated 2018-08-23
This year’s Autumn Meeting will be held in the Canadian city of Toronto. Toronto is a vibrant metropolitan hub with a fast-growing technology base and numerous startups. We are inviting local organisations across the search, classification and publishing technology space to participate in the meeting. Please see our Call for Participation for this year’s Autumn Meeting.
Novotel Toronto Centre
45 The Esplanade M5E 1W2, Toronto, Canada
We have arranged a special room rate for meeting attendees. Please book via the members-only event page for the discounted rate.
Schedule Outline (subject to change)
Sunday 14 October
IPTC Board meeting
Monday 15 October, 9:00 to 18:00
- News Architecture, Rights and Sports Content Group working group sessions
- Photo and Video Metadata working group sessions
- Session on new-generation editorial and publishing systems, including IPTC members and external vendors
Tuesday 16 October, 9:00 to 18:00
- Focus on search and classification systems: presentations from IPTC members and external vendors on new systems and best practices
- Presentations from IPTC members on taxonomies, search and classification systems
Wednesday 17 October, 9:00 t0 16:30
- IPTC Annual General Meeting 2018
- Credibility and trust in news and media
Registration opens on 23 August and closes on 12 September 2018. Only IPTC member delegates and invited speakers can join the event. Members can book via the members-only event page. For information on joining IPTC, see Membership.
Image: CC-BY, Michael Mayer. Original on Flickr.com.