Autumn Meeting 2020
12 – 14 October, online
This information last updated 2020-09-04
This year’s IPTC Autumn Meeting will be held virtually.
Planned schedule (subject to change)
Monday 12 October
- Introduction and update from Managing Director Brendan Quinn and the IPTC Board of Directors
- Attendee introductions: get to know your fellow members
- Updates from NewsML-G2 Working Group, News Architecture, Sports Content Working Group, Photo Metadata Working Group, Video Metadata Working Group, News in JSON Working Group
- Presentation and discussion on semantic technologies and structured data in 2020: RDF, schema.org, SHACL, SHEX, wikidata, GraphQL – how does it all fit together?
Tuesday 13 October
- NewsCodes Working Group update
- Presentation of news entities projects from IPTC members
- Discussion and planning for a possible IPTC project around news entities
- The IPTC Photo Metadata Conference 2020, including presentations from Adobe and Google – see separate page for details. Note that attendees are required to register for the Photo Metadata Conference separately from their IPTC Autumn Meeting registration.
Wednesday 14 October
- Morning: IPTC 2020 Annual General Meeting and Standards Committee meeting
- Discussion on IPTC’s participation in the Content Authenticity Initiative
- BBC’s new open-source Digital Asset Management system project
- and more!