Autumn Meeting 2020
12 – 14 October, online
This information last updated 2020-10-15
This year’s IPTC Autumn Meeting was held online.
Monday 12 October
- Introduction and update from Managing Director Brendan Quinn and the IPTC Board of Directors
- Attendee introductions: get to know your fellow members
- Presentation and discussion on semantic technologies and structured data in 2020: RDF, schema.org, SHACL, SHEX, wikidata, GraphQL – how does it all fit together?
- Updates from NewsML-G2 / News Architecture Working Group , Sports Content Working Group
- NewsCodes Working Group update
- Presentation of news entities projects from IPTC members
- Discussion and planning for a possible IPTC project around news entities
Tuesday 13 October
- Photo Metadata Working Group, Video Metadata Working Group, News in JSON Working Group updates
- The IPTC Photo Metadata Conference 2020, including presentations from Adobe and Google – see separate page for details.
- Please note that attendees are required to register for the Photo Metadata Conference separately from their IPTC Autumn Meeting registration.
Wednesday 14 October
- Morning: IPTC 2020 Annual General Meeting and Standards Committee meeting
- EU Copyright Directive and data-mining permissions for publisher websites
- eluv.io, a blockchain based network for streaming media distribution
- Discussion on IPTC’s participation in the Content Authenticity Initiative
- BBC’s new open-source Digital Asset Management system project
- Startup presentations: WireWax (and possibly more TBC)