Autumn Meeting 2019
14 – 16 October, Ljubljana, Slovenia
This information last updated 2019-09-12
The IPTC Autumn meeting for 2019 will be held at:
Best Western Premier Hotel Slon
Slovenska Cesta 34, Ljubljana, Slovenia
The Best Western Premier Hotel Slon – Elephant is situated in the very heart of Ljubljana city centre. It is only a few steps away from the old city core, Ljubljana castle and all the main city sights. This modern 4-star superior hotel has 170 comfortable and well-appointed rooms with all modern facilities and amenities. Deluxe rooms and suites offer luxurious accommodation.
Special room rates for IPTC attendees have now expired, but rooms are still available at the hotel at the regular rate – please contact us if you are interested in coming and we can work something out.
A one-off meeting fee will also be chargeable, this covers meeting costs such as room hire, audiovisual equipment and catering.
Sunday 13 October
- IPTC Board meeting – only board members are required to attend on Sunday.
Monday 14 October – Tuesday 15 October
- Updates from IPTC Working Groups and working sessions
- Presentations from IPTC members on relevant recent projects and areas where members can collaborate and learn from each other
- Invited speakers from organisations relevant to the news and media technology industry
- Discussion of special topics suggested by members:
- An update on JSON support including a new version of ninjs
- Updates on trust and credibility indicators in NewsML-G2
- An update to the IPTC Photo Metadata Standard
- A focus on cloud-based editorial newsroom systems
- More language translations for IPTC Media Topics
- A focus on Artificial Intelligence and the news, including a session from our AI Expert Group lead, Dr Tao Chen from 500px
Wednesday 16 October
- Morning: IPTC 2019 AGM and Standards Committee meeting
- Afternoon: Off-site visit with presentations from local startups, research institutes and STA, the local news agency in Slovenia