- All XML Schemas plus full documentation (about 60 MB) from https://www.iptc.org/std/NewsML-G2/NewsML-G2_2.28.zip
- The same without XML Schema documentation in HTML (about 3 MB) from https://www.iptc.org/std/NewsML-G2/NewsML-G2_2.28-noXMLdocu.zip
- From the newsml-g2 repository on GitHub as a Release: https://github.com/iptc/newsml-g2
Please note that the XML examples have been temporarily removed as we have not yet updated them to 2.28. The pack will be updated when the examples are brought up to date.
Update on 6 November: examples have now been updated to 2.28 and are now available on the above links. Enjoy!
Details of the changes made in version 2.28 can be found on http://dev.iptc.org/G2-Approved-Changes.
In summary the changes are:
- Add new element derivedFromValue. Previously we could say that elements were derived from a concept using the derivedFrom element. But if a system creates a new property based on another existing property, such as a slugline, there was no way of representing it.
- Add a new element metadataCreator to itemMeta. This allows us to represent NewsML-G2 items that have had metadata created by a third-party person or system, without having to specify the creator on each metadata property individually.
The NewsML-G2 Implementation Guidelines are available at https://www.iptc.org/std/NewsML-G2/guidelines.
Note on Power and Core Conformance Levels
As a reminder of an important decision taken for NewsML-G2 version 2.25 which also applies to version 2.28: the Core Conformance Level will not be developed any further as all recent Change Requests were in fact aiming at features of the Power Conformance Level, changes of the Core Level were only a side effect.
The Core Conformance Level specifications of version 2.24 will stay available and valid. Find them at http://dev.iptc.org/G2-Standards#CCLspecs