The IPTC is happy to announce that NewsML-G2 version 2.32 has been released.
All documentation relating to version 2.32 can be found at the NewsML-G2 2.32 documentation page.
The changes in 2.32 are:
- Added new attributes
authoritystatusurito the scheme, schemeMeta and catalog elements. These attributes describe the status of the authority managing a resource such as a scheme or a catalog.
- Added a new NewsCodes vocabulary https://cv.iptc.org/newscodes/authoritystatus with the values “No current authority”, “No single authority” and “Country-specific authority”.
- Updated the IPTC catalog to version 38, including the new authoritystatus vocabulary and also added a “cvx.iptc.org” vocabulary, ticker. Added an
authoritystatusattribute to the following schemes: isin, a1312cat, a1312prio, a1312svc, a1312vers. Also update to note on the frmt vocabulary removing the part that says it is only applicable to NewsML 1.
- Update schema documentation for qcode, uri and literal throughout to be more accurate.
- Remove https from CV references in schema documentation
- Update dev schema to use 2.32.
- The schema documentation for “creator” and “creatoruri” attributes is now correct and consistent across all instances.
All information related to NewsML-G2 2.32 is at https://iptc.org/std/NewsML-G2/2.32/.
Example instance documents are at https://iptc.org/std/NewsML-G2/2.32/examples/.
Full XML Schema documentation is located at https://iptc.org/std/NewsML-G2/2.32/specification/XML-Schema-Doc-Power/
The NewsML-G2 Generator tool has also been updated to produce NewsML-G2 2.32 files using the version 38 catalog.
For any questions or comments, please contact us via the IPTC Contact Us form or post to the email@example.com mailing list. IPTC members can ask questions at the weekly IPTC News Architecture Working Group meetings.