We were very much looking forward to our IPTC 2020 Spring Meeting in Tallinn, Estonia, beautiful city on the Baltic Sea and home city of Brendan Quinn, Managing Director of IPTC. But unfortunately, circumstances mean that we can not hold the meeting in person this time.
Instead we are looking forward to hosting IPTC’s first ever virtual Spring Meeting!
We will be going ahead with the dates that we had planned: Monday May 11 to Wednesday May 13, but rather than having all-day sessions, we will be having sessions from 13.00 to 18.00 UTC on each day.
This meeting will include:
- The usual updates from our working groups including the Photo Metadata Working Group, Video Metadata Working Group, News Architecture Working Group, NewsCodes Working Group, News in JSON Working Group, Sports Content Working Group
- Speakers from IPTC Members such as Reuters, New York Times, Bloomberg and TT on related projects in their newsrooms
- Invited guest speakers from companies related to our standards and key topics
- The special topic focus for this meeting is “robojournalism” and automated media generation
- Because we know how attendees love the networking and interaction sides of our face-to-face meetings, we will have several sessions that aim to let attendees discuss issues with each other and encourage participation in side rooms and through other channels such as our Slack community.
All IPTC Members are invited to attend. For this virtual meeting, there is no cost for IPTC members to attend.
IPTC Member Delegates should look out for an email from Brendan Quinn containing the registration link, or see the event page on the IPTC Members-Only Zone for the registration link.