A data model and format for collecting and distributing event information
EventsML-G2 is a standard for conveying event information in a news industry environment, but it may be used beyond this use case to cover other scenarios.
In particular EventsML-G2 may be used for:
- Receiving all facts about an event from the event organiser
- Publishing all facts about a specific event by a news provider
- Publishing all or a subset of the facts about one or many events as event listings
- Storing facts about notable events in media archives
- Adding information regarding the coverage of an event by a news provider to the distributed event information, e.g. for daybooks or coverage agendas
EventsML-G2 is part of the NewsML-G2 specification, as it shares all core structures with the generic NewsML-G2 format.
Find more about it in the NewsML-G2 section of this site.