A data model and format for collecting and distributing event information
EventsML-G2 is a standard for conveying event information in a news industry environment, but it may be used beyond it.
In particular EvensML-G2 may be used for:
- Receiving all facts about an event from the event organiser
- Publishing all facts about a specific event by a news provider
- Publishing all or only a subset of the facts of one to many events by event listings
- Storing facts about knowledgeable events in archives
- Adding information regarding the coverage of an event by a news provider to the distributed event facts, e.g. for daybooks
EventsML-G2 is part of the NewsML-G2 specifications as it shares all a basic structures with this generic format. Find more about it in the NewsML-G2 section.