Digital News, Enabled.
The IPTC is the global standards body of the news media. We provide the technical foundation for the news ecosystem.
Network & Influence News Media Standards
Become a Member
- Network with industry peers
- Be the first to learn about emerging industry topics
- Simplify product development with industry standards
- Learn from the experience of leading professionals
- Enable the free and unhindered flow of information
By Jennifer Parrucci Senior Taxonomist at The New York Times Lead of IPTC’s NewsCodes Working Group The New York Times has a proud history of metadata. Every article published since The Times’s inception in 1851 contains descriptive metadata. The Times continues this tradition by incorporating metadata assignment into our publishing process today so that […]